Thursday, June 3, 2010

Graduation Card

I made this money holder for 4 of my High School Graduates
this year.  I am the Senior Youth Leader at my church and very close to each of my youth.  They are a great bunch of teens! 
The cards were inspired by Nancy's shoe box swap at Wendy's Weekend Retreat. I made a similar money card holder way back here:  Money Holders  This one is shorter for a folded bill.  I used the horizontal slot (which is retiring!) and the ribbon is what holds the bottom closed.  The front flap has the Crushed Curry, Basic Black and Whisper White placed slightly over the bottom.  Then added the Happy Grad stamp from the Summer Mini Catalog.  Later after I took this picture, I felt it still needed something.  I added a Crushed Curry small star punch right below the G on the stamped part.  I would have used Crushed Curry Dotted Ribbon (not showing the dots) on this card but I was out.  The rest of the youth got their school colors for their cards.  Summer Sun with Night of Navy and Night of Navy with Bravo Burgundy. 
I also got them each a book about surviving the college years and how to keep in your faith during those years.  So proud of each of them!  Way to go!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: