Saturday, March 26, 2011

MDS Pleated Ribbon Technique

Finding all the neat tricks that this My Digital Studio program can DO is HOT right now!  Also doing tutorials via blogs or video.  I found a program called CamStudio that allows me to do videos for MDS thru my PC.  So I went for it!  After about 2 takes to understand how it works, here is my very first video tutorial on the MDS website:VIDEO for adding-a-pleated-layered or you can see on You Tube below.

I saw someone do a bow on a card that just showed the loop and it hit me how to go further with it!  I was so excited to share this super cool tip with everyone on the MDS site.  I hope to do more videos that you will enjoy and learn more about MDS.
I created this card in real materials and then translated it into MDS a little differently. This is the long postcard.The layers were done with square punches, one in Crumb Cake and then another on top with dsp from Springtime Vintage pattern 4 at 34% opacity. I added a Very Vanilla straight stitch on the ribbon but not sure you can see it. The sstamped image is the florish from Bliss. Colors are Baha Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake(kraft).
It is rainy here and I am working on some scrapbooking thru MDS.  Exciting HYBRID pages to come! This has me really jazzed at the possiblities it offers!  I got 5 pages done in one hour! 
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: