Monday, July 18, 2011

Convention Recap Day 1

The past few weeks have been all about Stampin Up's Convention 2011!  Final preparations for swaps and projects consumed my time as the date to leave drew near.  Then we were off to a fun filled days of nothing but stampin and learning and sharing. My days were so filled that I did not have time to even post from Convention as I had planned. It was more overwhelming and over the top fun filled than I had expected it to be. So over the next week, I will recap each day and give you some sneak peaks on what is in store on my blog and in my biz.  Can you say classes, workshops, holiday projects, and lots of FUN!?
I flew with my sideline Monika and a demo friend Linda on Tuesday. We only had one problem the whole day traveling there... an hour delay getting out of Atlanta. Once we got to the Shilo Hotel which was right across the street from the SLC Convention Center, we got checked in and unpacked. Our room mate Michele had already arrived and our other room mate Dawn arrived a little later. This is our view from our hotel room. The mountains were beautiful with the snow capped peaks. 
We grabbed a quick bite at the local Subway cause we had to get to our Shoebox Swap Event that night.  Sherri does a fabulous job at getting these swaps organized and the swaps are WOW! We were there from 7-11pm in order to make 24 swaps. 24 swaps were pre-done and ready to go. So I walked away with 48 different swaps all together!!!!!!! Here are team A and B working hard on their swaps. And then the finished swaps waiting to be picked up.

And here is the swap that I had for Sherri's Shoebox Swap that night.  I just love the Pennant Parade stamp set as a Christmas tree! Colors are Pear Pizzazz, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, and Early Espresso.   I LOVE this card so plan to see it at a Christmas Stamp-a-Stack this fall!
Tomorrow's post was the first day on the real Convention action!
Have a magical day!
Cindy

No comments: