Friday, August 19, 2011

MDS Blog Hop Week 3

  I whipped up a little creation for our third week's challenge of CUPCAKES!  At first, I have to admit I was stumped when I got the challenge email. But then once I got the card done, the mojo was flowin!
My nephews birthday party is Saturday and it was the perfect solution for the challenge. I started with a simple card that I would print out and add to a base Crumb Cake card.  I could have added the real Baker's Twine now that I look at it.  Love the 8 mini cupcakes in a row! Colors are Riding Hood Red, More Mustard, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake.
 Then I took the theme of cupcakes and the colors to the next level by making a special banner just for my nephew. He can hang it in his room after the party for one whole year!  I created this in a 4.25x5.5 postcard layout. I created the first one and then copied and paste in place to create the other 7 of them. Just change the colors and dsp in the punches.  After printing and trimming, I punched 1/16" holes in the corners and threaded the Baker's Twine in Cherry Cobbler thru them. I added some retired Riding Hood Red ribbon to finish it off.
Thanks for stopping by on our MDS Blog Hop!
Cindy
On to the rest of the MD Blog Hop Designers for their creative weekly posts!
7. ME

2 comments:

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Cindy!!!! OMG!!!! This is ADORABLE! You are rockin' it girl!

Amber said...

I'm in love with that banner - what a cute way to tie it in with the card you're giving him!