Friday, September 23, 2011

MDS Blog Hop Week 8

Everyone needs a little organization in their lives, right? As soon as Heather gave us the theme, I knew I had a fantastic idea!  Recently we had a problem with ants...see we got lots of rain and they were looking for dry ground and food!  I had to clean out our pantry which then prompted me to clear out the pantry of old out-dated foods. I also got a chance to re-organize my WONDERFUL Tupperware bins.  I got them YEARS ago and it was one of the best things I ever did for organization in my house. I did have some paper labels with tape on them and knew that I could do SO much better now with MDS! 
I select my favorite punch - decorative label to complete my task. There are three layers of the decorative label on just one of them. The first layer is Basic Black and is the true size of the real punch. The next layer is Baha Breeze and slightly smaller. The last layer is Whisper White and slightly smaller again. But I added a Basic Black mat to that layer.  I highlighted all the layers and grouped them together. Copy and paste tons of them to fit the 8.5x11 page.  Made a list of what to label and then added text in Nashville font.
I printed this out on a sheet of whole label sticker paper.
Then I used my Decorative Label punch and punched them all out. I think it was genius of the MDS designers to make the auto default punch image be the size of the actual punches!
Here is the top half of my pantry. 
Here is the bottom half of my pantry. 
Close up of the labels. The best part is when my husband opened it and stood there for 10 minutes in shock!  Shocked that it was organized OR trying to find something that was not there anymore?

Now continue to blog hop to our other Domestic Goddesses and their organization projects!
me:)


Have a great day!
Cindy

4 comments:

Amber said...

what a fabulous idea Cindy! My cupboards have been driving me crazy - can't wait to relabel my Tupperware!!

Terri Mongeon said...

WOW! THis is so great Cindy! My cupboards are SO disorganized! I might have to do this!

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Love it Cindy! Great idea. Totally jealous of your containers

Mandy Grant said...

I agree ladies, I need pantry makeover too. Thanks for the inspiration, Cindy, both with MDS and you're amazing organizational skills!